Skip to main content

Richt deserves Better


             
This is a blog I wrote about two months ago before the sec game. Even though the UGA Dawgs didnt win the SEC title, this blog needs to be published.


I couldn’t help think of the irony when I saw people write the praise of Mark Richt on facebook and twitter a week ago. They seem to have forgotten last year when they seemed to be clamoring for Mark Richt’s resignation. UGA has won its fifth trip to an SEC Game under Richt’s tenure to play LSU, so all is forgotten. I couldn’t personally forget some of the most angering message for Richt’s resignation after the losing season and 0-2 start this year.
         UGA had won only six games last year and managed to make it to a bowl game and lost. The UGA bulldogs ended last season with the losing record of 6-7 and I began to hear for the clamor of firing Mark Richt. Words couldn’t really describe how shocked I was to hear that some UGA fans thought Mark Richt should go. This was a man who had coached for 10 years, taken it to four sec title games, won two sec titles and three bcs bowl appearance with two wins. UGA has also ended on the final top ten CFB ranking three times, twice in the top 5. It was the first time UGA had ever ended up with a losing season under his tenure. With a losing season he still had an average of 9.6 wins during his tenure his ten years. There were very few coaches would boast of such a resume and the first bad season we have, they want his resignation. I thought then that everyone who was suggesting his resignation should be ashamed because his resume is good enough to tell the story of what a great coach he is. I was glad when Mark Richt kept his job, and realized maybe some people at UGA’s athletic Dept. are smart enough to know how valuable he is.
        This season began on a sore note as the bulldogs lost their first two games. The idea of Coach Richt resigning began to rear itself again. Losing the first two games is not the best way to start a season but I believed that Richt’s accomplishment in the past ten seasons should earn him our respect. UGA has won ten straight games, the SEC East title and a trip to the SEC title game. I am very sure few people expected such an accomplishment after such a poor start but I wasn’t surprised. Since the year 2002; I start every year expecting the bulldogs would the cfb national title, no matter what the preseason polls states. I have been disappointed over and over again but I have never lost faith in them. This expectation is mostly due to my confidence in Mark Richt coaching ability. We might not make it to the national title or win the SEC title tomorrow, though am hoping we do. Everyone who were clamoring for his resignation should apologize to Richt and admit how wrong they were because he deserves better fans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things to do before 30

If you know me well, you would know am not a planner. I detest making list because I think life is more adventurous when you don't plan. I have had my own share of adventures but as I turn a year older today, I realize that there are some few adventures have missed. I realize that making a list would help me realize which goals I ha've met and haven't met, and it doesn't remove the adventure from it. Maybe I have old age to thank for that or maybe all those lessons on the importance of planning by friends is finally yielding fruits. This is the list of things I haven't done that I would like to do before 30. Go Bungee jumping Learn to Swim well (Am really ashamed of this one) Take part in triathlon after accomplishing the second Live in a boat house for at least a week Visit Russia Learn to Surf Own a Mustang convertible or Jeep Cherokee Hike the smoky mountain trail Go to a Brad Paisley/ George Strait/ Kenny Chesney Concert or all three would be awesome.

Its All about Him: First chapter

1: The wind is coming But the boat was already a considerable distance from land buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it.                                                                              Matthew 14:24 (NIV) In Matthew 14:24, the disciples were in the boat going to the other side; and their boat was buffeted by the waves.   There were twelve disciples and some few other people in the boat so it means the boat was big. It is only a strong wind that can cause such a boat to buffet because buffet means to be shaken violently. And I am sure that the people in the boat were concerned about the wind and hoping it would go away, but it did not. The strong wind shaking the boat must have been a problem for the disciples, not knowing whether the boat would capsize or not.  One of my favorite quotes is “The only man who has no trouble left in his life is a dead one.” It’s a quote that describes the fact that every human being is bound to face some form of adversary or

Is Religion to blame?

I was having a discussion with an atheist friend of mine on religion about a week ago. A point that he made that stuck to me most was when he asked. "isn't it ironic that religion seems to be behind every major conflict?" It wasn't the first time I had heard such a statement, but the sad part is it seems partly true on the surface. From the crusaders, Spanish inquisition, Schmaldalic wars and thirty years war in the past to present day conflict such as Israel-Palestine conflict, religious riot in Nigeria, Sunni-Shiite conflict in Iraq, 9/11, Sudan, Uganda and other conflicts not mentioned here. A look at the Qur'an and the Bible I grew up as Muslim but am now a born again christian, so I have some idea about what each religion says. Muslims have used the word Jihad to justify most of the conflict they have been involved in. Most people both Muslims and Christians associate the word Jihad with the word Holy War. Christians have also used the bible to justify ac